North America’s Regal Cinemas chain has announced that the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is set to debut in their theaters this weekend. The trailer will screen before every movie shown between 28th – 30th November at the following theaters:
- CA Irvine Edwards Irvine Spectrum 22 & IMAX
- CA San Diego Edwards Mira Mesa Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
- GA Atlanta Regal Atlantic Station Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
- IL Chicago Regal City North Stadium 14 IMAX & RPX
- NY New York Regal Union Square Stadium 14
- PA Warrington Regal Warrington Crossing Stadium 22 & IMAX
- TN Knoxville Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 IMAX & RPX
- TX Houston Edwards Houston Marq’E Stadium 23 IMAX & RPX
- WA Seattle Regal Thornton Place Stadium 14 & IMAX
It is highly likely that other cinema chains will also be showing the trailer on these dates but Regal Cinemas is the first to announce it.
The full movie is set to hit theaters on December 18th 2015.
J.J. Abrams has today given us the first official look behind the scenes of Star Wars Episode 7, in a video created to launch a new charity campaign entitled Star Wars: A Force For Change.
The campaign aims to raise money for UNICEF by asking fans to contribute via the Omaze fundraising platform. There are different rewards available depending on how much you contribute, with the minimum being $10. Participants will also be entered into a competition to be in a scene of the movie, as well as meet director J.J. Abrams on the set in London.
The video also gives us our first look at a new Star Wars alien, and many fans will be pleased to see it was created with practical effects rather than CGI – which many feel was overabundant in the prequel trilogy.
For more details on the campaign visit omaze.com. You can watch JJ’s video below.